Audit Winter 2024 Internship - Nationwide opportunities
Audit Winter 2024 Internship - Nationwide opportunities
As CohnReznick grows, so do our exceptional career opportunities for talented advisory, assurance, and tax professionals. As one of the nation’s top professional services and business advisory firms, you will join a team that thrives on innovation and values collaboration in everything we do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity across our firm for Winter 2024. We are looking for Audit Winter Interns to join our team from January to March* 2024.
* End date varies by office/team
- Engagement Team: You will work closely on a team made up of other Interns, Associates, Senior Associates, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners
- Industries: We serve a variety of clients across industries, including: Consumer & Industrial, Financial Sponsors & Financial Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Public Sector, Real Estate, Renewable Energy, Technology & Media, and Private Client Services (varies by office)
- Office: Our CohnReznick office comes with amenities, collaborative spaces, and private offices.
- Performance Coach: Will meet with you to establish goals, provide feedback and support to guide you along your career path of choice; many of our current Senior Managers and Partners were once CR Associates themselves.
- CR Friend: Will serve as a familiar face when you join the firm and someone you can always reach out to
WHY WORK WITH CR?
- Network of Professionals: Connect with experts in various industries and learn more about career paths in public accounting service lines of audit, tax, and advisory.
- Flexibility: Our hybrid workplace strategy helps our team members determine where they work, depending on what they need to accomplish, who they need to work with to be successful, and how they will be most productive.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion = Belonging: Whether it’s through participation in our Employee Resource Groups such as CR BLAC, CR PRIDE, WomenCAN, VMA, CR Green, Raza or AAPI or through CR Cares, our team members give back to the communities they live and work in.
- Total Rewards: We offer a competitive compensation.
- Learning & Development: Devoted learning opportunities to support growth and career advancement, focusing on technical, leadership, and success skills.
- Wellness resources: Our virtual care programs such as Headspace, Spring Health, Prevention Cloud, and Peerfit help support our team members’ mental and physical well-being.
As an Audit Winter Intern, you will be responsible for becoming familiar with accounting and auditing procedures and performing procedures in accordance with firm standards in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work all aspects of an audit engagement including cash, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, searching for unrecorded liabilities, maintaining confirmation logs and preparing audit work papers.
- Assist with audits, reviews, compilations, and accounting services.
- Take part in resolving audit issues by obtaining evidence and making inquiries of clients while assisting the team with daily client workflow.
We are looking for highly dedicated students with impressive credentials that are driven by new challenges and growth opportunities. We seek team players who believe in providing world-class client service and are interested in becoming immersed in various industries. Successful team members are looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Plan to complete 150 credit hours between May 2024 - September 2025 in order to be CPA licensed
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in both your major and overall
- Successful completion of two accounting courses prior to the start of your internship
- Have held leadership positions in student organizations, extracurricular activities and/or on team projects
- Prior work or internship experience is a plus
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our other roles.
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.