Research Technician - Psychology
The psychology department pursues excellence in teaching and research in the field of experimental psychology.
This is a grant funded and limited term position.
Under supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Technician will conduct a variety of experiments using established procedure.
- May design and program experiments
- Recruit participants
- Facilitiate experiments
- Data Entry
- The Research Assistant will also have some administration duties related to maintaining documentation, databases, and coordinating events and meetings.
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor's degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.
- Very strong quantitative and analytic skills and comfort with programs such as Excel and Powerpoint.
- Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS.
- Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized; able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong computational skills including ability to manage databases in excel.
- Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience on ERP data collection and analysis.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.