Development Associate I/II, Amplification (1520)
New England Biolabs (NEB) is inviting applications for the position of Development Associate I/II. The successful candidate will provide support for goal-oriented projects within a dynamic group of polymerase/amplification scientists to identify novel solutions to complex amplification-related challenges.
- Perform assigned experimental tasks to support the development and characterization of amplification-related technologies, assays, enzymes, reagents, and kits
- Collaborate with colleagues across the company (research, production, marketing, etc.) to support the successful launch of products relevant to current and cutting-edge workflows
- Support daily laboratory needs including managing inventory and reagent preparation
- Apply good laboratory practices
- Analyze and report results to supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in biochemistry, molecular biology or related field required with 2+ years’ experience preferred
- Have a working knowledge of basic molecular biology principles and skills and able to apply those principles with the support and guidance from other team members (e.g., cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Able to follow SOPs and document experimental workflows and results
- Strong sense of scientific enthusiasm, integrity and responsibility
- Previous experience with electronic laboratory notebooks and/or LIMS beneficial but not required
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.
New England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are available here.
Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.
New England Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program.