ABOUT THE ROLE
Seneca’s Light the Change program is hiring a School Therapist to provide therapeutic, case management, and consultation services for a caseload of K-12 students and their families at Lighthouse Charter School in East Oakland. As a Therapist, you’ll coordinate services at the school site and support colleagues in including students successfully in diverse settings by providing teacher coaching, modeling, and development opportunities. Our Therapists also collaborate with classroom teachers, school leadership, and the MTSS implementation team to maintain the academic, social, and emotional needs of each student.
If this position aligns with your experience and passion, consider joining one of our close-knit school teams with a $2000 sign-on bonus (for new Seneca employees)!
Seneca's Light the Change program partners with charter schools located throughout the diverse communities of East Oakland. Our partnerships with these schools extend beyond 10 years and are built on a strong foundation of collaboration so that school-based clinicians and school partners work in alignment to support students and families. Our clinicians are valued members of their school communities for the direct support and collaboration they provide that enhances school partners' capacities to better support students' social-emotional needs.
Seneca Family of Agencies has been nominated among the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces for several consecutive years. We’re committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities with a network of excellent mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs deeply engage in conversations and training on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Collaborate effectively with a trans-disciplinary team to implement academic, behavioral, and therapeutic services for students in need of intervention.
- Implement research-based interventions aligned with the three tiers of the MTSS pyramid, including individual, group, and family therapy as well as case management for identified students.
- Provide coaching and professional development to support school staff in experiencing success with all students.
- Engage caregivers in the educational process, providing frequent opportunities to discuss student growth and needs.
- Consult school staff on safety assessments, mental health crises, and accessing social services.
- Document interventions and provide necessary reports on student progress.
- Participate in regular supervision to enhance practice.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- Current registration with California BBS
- 3+ years of experience working with youth in a mental health or educational setting strongly preferred
- TB test, fingerprint clearance, and COVID-19 vaccination
- Full-time, school-based schedule
- 5 weeks of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and additional paid school break days
- Starting at $64,500-$78,500 per year, with actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role
- A $2000 salary increase upon completion of BBS hours and an additional $2000 salary increase upon licensure
- Salary increase upon passing a bilingual language proficiency exam
- $2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees
- Salary increases each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Family leave, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 50% paid premiums for dependants
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-Paid Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and additional paid school break days
- Abundant scholarship and promotional opportunities