Assistant Prin. __ Irish Elementary School
Information specific to this position: Bilingual in English/Spanish required. Experience teaching and leading dual language schools strongly preferred. License or endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners, Bilingualism or TESOL preferred.
Pay Range: $79,918 - $110,288, based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 208 days
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
The assistant principal is responsible for assisting the Principal with instructional and organizational leadership, direction, supervision, operations and accountability for the attainment of school goals. Duties include evaluating, appraising, mentoring and monitoring licensed and classified staff; leading staff professional development; supervising, monitoring, and encouraging appropriate student behavior and individual student success; and planning and implementation of required assessments.
1. Assist and support the implementation of building-level curriculum and instruction for the purpose of increasing student achievement.
2. Supervise, assess and monitor student performance using objective and verifiable information, including standardized, criterion-referenced district and teacher developed assessments.
3. Evaluate and supervise school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school’s curriculum.
4. Work collaboratively with the Principal to establish guidelines and expectations for appropriate student behavior with the goal of maintaining an academic environment conducive to student achievement including, but not limited to supervision during lunch, in the hallways and during co-curricular activities at night and after school.
5. Facilitate communication (oral and written) between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
6. Participate in social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
7. Develop and implement staff development opportunities including organizing and facilitating grade level, team, and/or building based discussions, trainings, or meetings.
8. Assist Principal with the hiring of new teachers and building staff.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Licenses required:
-Master’s degree with successful completion of principal licensure program required.
-Five years teaching/administrative leadership experience at the elementary level preferred.
-Valid Colorado Principal’s License.
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org