Continuous Improvement Specialist Intern
As we continue to grow as QuidelOrtho, we are seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist Intern for the 2023 summer program who will support Continuous Improvement Initiative as outlined in a Continuous Improvement Roadmap. This is an onsite position based in San Diego, CA at our Summers Ridge location.
- Support developing capability by learning and supporting the install of strong Daily Management Mechanisms that help identify problems, analyze for root cause and execute on countermeasures.
- Work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Learn to support an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop problem solving capability within the organization at all levels.
- Develop skills in Continuous Improvement tools (ex. A3; Kaizen; Daily Management; Root Cause Counter Measure; Kanban); Lean History and Methodology and Operational Excellence Strategies.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
The Job Deliverables
- Summer Project tied to Value Stream Improvement
- Daily Management Board Improvement
- Participate in Kaizen Team
- The intern will present their work to a cross-functional group.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business
- Minimum Year in school: 3
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Ability to accept employment without sponsorship
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite tools (Outlook; Excel; PowerPoint, etc.)
- Interest in Lean; Continuous Improvement or Operational Excellence
- Interns should be prepared to fully commit to the start and end dates of on or about May 22 through August 18, 2023.
- Interns are expected to provide their own housing, travel, and any other requirements necessary for their participation in this program.
The pay range for the Internship Program is between $16/hour to $30/hour. The Pay rate will be determined by the year in school, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate. Benefits are not included for this position.
QuidelOrtho believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. QuidelOrtho is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com