The Company: Aflac Incorporated
The Location: GA, US
The Division: Global Risk & Actuary
Job Id: 4187
Salary Range: $45,000-$105,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: On-Site, Columbus, GA Offices
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Strengthens and applies foundational knowledge of the business, its products, and processes
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and suggests timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends
- Becomes familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures; Relies on judgment, aided by supervisor where limited experience exists, to plan and accomplish goals; A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Seeks guidance from more experienced team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, computer science or related field
- Completion of three Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams and commitment to completing exams leading to an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Currently a candidate in or qualified to become a candidate in the Aflac Actuarial Development Program
- Two years of professional job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and MG-ALFA or similar actuarial software
- Technical Knowledge & Skill - Intermediate Performs data analysis, synthesizes it into something meaningful, and develops materials and presentation of findings. Understands data limitations and considers influence of business processes, market segmentation strategies, and industry factors on analysis. Identify, set, and defend actuarial and financial assumptions; develop, enhance, and deliver actuarial and financial models that effectively evaluate risk.
- Project Management - Intermediate Can effectively lead projects, including those with crossfunctional accountabilities. Highly responsive to dynamic business needs while partnering with other functional or operational areas. Identifies and initiates projects suggested by business needs or strategies and reprioritizes work/seeks resources as necessary.
- Communication - Intermediate Understand and explain business issues and potential solutions in a way that results in informed decision making. Proactively and routinely seeks out business partners to provide timely summary of practice area results. Has clear examples of delivering business concepts and messaging to a wide variety of audiences.
- Business Knowledge & Acumen - Intermediate Aligns actuarial analysis and findings with the broader goals of the organization. Understands all of Aflac's products and business functions. Looks at problems from the overall business framework, rather than only a technical framework, and links the technical actuarial analysis to the bottom line.
- Delivers Results - Intermediate Develops projects, plans, and priorities that are consistent with business initiatives and goals. Consistently achieves results, personally and through others that contribute business value. Develops actions that lead to stated business goals based on actuarial or financial findings.
- Develops Self & Others - Basic Steps outside actuarial competencies and develops broader business acumen -- goes beyond the technical aspect of a problem. Creates valued business partnerships based on consulting advice provided; seeks out opportunities to mentor others. Participates in new and challenging work experiences outside of one's own functional area.
- Makes Effective Decisions - Intermediate Provides timely analysis to reach a recommendation, even with incomplete data; not averse to simply approximate an answer. Includes others in decision making as warranted to obtain good input and ensure buy-in for decisions. Evaluates options by considering implications and consequences -- makes decisions outside the bounds of "the way it's always been done”.
- Values Driven - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions. Listens with respect and objectivity even when others' opinions conflict with one's own. Adheres to standards of professional conduct.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $45,000-$105,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.