Bilingual Career Services Coordinator- Brooklyn
NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self-sufficient. NADAP programs assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, job preparation and placement services. NADAP is dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce, one that aspires to promote an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, inclusion and affirms equal opportunities for all. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
NADAP's CareerCompass, one component in HRA’s initiative to address the unique needs of improving employment and training outcomes in NYC, provides orientation, comprehensive and individual employability assessments and service coordination for adults 25 years of age and older. As the first step in HRA’s programming, CareerCompass will identify and connect individuals to an education, training and/or employment track.
To provide comprehensive intake, assessment, service plan and coordination services for clients referred to CareerCompass. Assists clients in determining their career pathway and education planning. Assists in the career decision making process to help clients identify their strengths, experiences, and vocational interests. Support clientsin making appropriate referrals based on assessment. Maintain on-going contact with CareerCompass clients that have been referred to CareerAdvance, Career Education Services or other HRA Programs/services. Assist Internship and Placement Coordinator with conducting follow-ups. Identify any personal and social barriers that may arise during employment or service placement and make appropriate referrals to assist the client.
- Work with participants to develop a comprehensive service plan based upon a thorough understanding of the individual’s interests, strengths, preferences and needs. This plan will be completed within two weeks of client referral to CareerCompass. Revise, update and implement service plan as needed to ensure consumer compliance.
- Conduct a one-on-one interview to collect information about the participant’s personal work history, barriers to employment, criminal history, personal/family background, and living situations. Identify barriers and issues that may result in participant being returned to HRA for further evaluation.
- Maintain and execute documentation and workflow through computer-based programs and technology that draws on basic software/computer skill set.
- Assist with the placement of program participants into CareerAdvance, Career Education Services or other HRA Programs/services. Provide periodic check-in and follow-up on clients referred.
- Conduct re-assessments on clients returned to CareerCompass and provide case management, counseling and assist in the re-direction of alternative programming that might be a better fit. For clients disengaged for more than 3 months, provide counseling and support to determine the reasoning for not participating.
- Taking the results of the TABE or SABE and other types of assessment instruments used in CareerCompass, determine the educational, skills level, and vocational interest of the participant. Complete HRA’s on-line employment plan.
- Coach clients on career exploration, job search, interviewing, resume development and job retention skills.
- Attend and participate in meetings, staff development sessions and in-service training as assigned.
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in case management or vocational assessment
- Work with clients who have barriers to employment
- 5 days in office