POSTING #: 23-00013
TITLE: Analyst Trainee
TITLE CODE: 55301
DIVISION: Transportation Operations Systems & Support
UNIT: Central Region Operations
WORK WEEK: 40 hours
ISSUE DATE: 1/25/2023
CLOSING DATE: 2/8/2023
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) is seeking candidates for the position of Analyst Trainee within the Division of Transportation Operations, Systems & Support, Central Region Operations. Analyst Trainees are assigned a 40 - hour work week. Current starting salary is $50,737 and after six months is $53,050. As a NJ State Department, NJDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Care (medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care), Pension, Deferred Compensation, 13 paid holidays, and Benefit Leave (12 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 3 administrative days).
Regional Operations consists of Highway Operation Crews, Equipment Garages, Electrical Crews, and the Maintenance Engineering Unit. Regional Operations is responsible for delivering high level results across all of Maintenance & Operations, which includes the maintenance and repair of all roadway and bridge assets; the maintenance and repair of traffic signals and electrical applications; and the service and repair of regional fleet and heavy equipment.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) currently offers a telework pilot program, and this position may qualify for up to 2 days of remote work at your primary residence outside of your assigned DOT work location. This program does not supersede the "New Jersey First Act", which requires newly hired NJDOT employees to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
New hires will not be eligible for the telework pilot program until they successfully complete their 4 - month working test period.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Assist Regional Operations Supervisor, Regional Equipment Supervisor, Regional Electrical Supervisor, and Supervising Engineer in collecting and analyzing data to aid in reporting and assisting management make strategic data driven decisions
• Collect monthly data of crew production to aid in analyzing performance / purchasing consumables, collect data from equipment garages to evaluate performance metrics, aid Engineering team with tracking status of work orders
• Develop reports and conduct analysis in order to generate reports to track spending by Engineering staff on various contracts, develop projections, establish spending goals
• Identify areas of improvement and develop solutions for daily operational needs to ultimately assist Regional Supervision in accomplishing the various programs administered
• Perform any other functions requested by Management to assist in day to day operations
• Collect and Manage Maintenance Work Order databases; Collect, review, and track Change Orders for Engineering Contracts.
• Create EEO reports for Engineering Contracts for contractor wage rate compliance and certified payrolls.
• Investigate Right of Way (ROW) and Jurisdiction Plans to assist with Engineering and OCR units.
Graduation from an accredited college or University with a Bachelor's degree.
For more information regarding this position, please refer to: http://info.csc.state.nj.us/jobspec/55301.htm
• Ability to work in a fast - paced environment
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and multi - task
• Ability to learn to prepare technically sound, accurate and informative reports
• Strong customer service, writing and software skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Strong time management skills
• Strong data collection and analytic skills
• Knowledge of the methods used to collect, compile and tabulate data
• Ability to conduct reviews studies, audits, evaluations and other assessments
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. NJDOT does not provide sponsorship or accept student OPT/CPT program, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
All persons newly hired on or after September 1, 2011 have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey subject to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 52:14 - 7 (L.2011, Chapter 70), also known as the "New Jersey First Act."
You must apply through the NJDOT website at: https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/employ/openings.shtm
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
• NJ State Application for Employment (Application instructions can be found at link above) • Letter of interest
• Current resume
• Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation
Proof of Degree: You must provide transcript or evaluation of your UNDERGRADUATE degree.
Foreign Degree Evaluation: If you obtained your undergraduate degree outside of the US, you MUST provide aForeignDegreeEvaluationfromaUSArecognizedevaluationserviceagencythatincludesacourse - by - courseevaluation in order to be deemed eligible. Failure to provide evaluation will result in your application being disqualified.
Anticipated Graduation: NJDOT will accept applications from students anticipating graduation in May 2023. No offer of employment will be made without proof of degree.
Applicants MAY NOT be considered if they fail to provide all requested documents upon initial submittal or fail to follow instructions when submitting electronically. Applicants will be selected for an interview on the basis of their application/resume.
Current State employees:
Any appointments made that involve movement may result in a forfeiture of rights to any promotional lists in their former unit.
NJDOT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email dot - email@example.com.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case - by - case basis.
New Jersey Is An Equal Opportunity Employer