Summer Internship Data Engineer | Experience Mission (EMEA)
Spotify is looking for a Data Engineering Intern to join us this Summer. You will build data driven solutions to bring audio and digital media experiences to our millions of active users and artists either by working directly on product features, publishing and insight tools for artists, or by improving the quality of our data tools and large scale data infrastructure. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available — user behaviours, acoustical analysis, revenue streams, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you'll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing tools like Scala/Scio, SQL and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Perform complex analyses to understand anomalies and improve the quality of our datasets.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
- You have a graduation date of 2023 or 2024
- You currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023
- You’ve dabbled in high volume data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You have experience using advanced SQL to deep dive into complex datasets
- You’ve had exposure to data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You have an interest in agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.