Digital Equity Coordinator (Coordinator III)
The Digital Equity Coordinator (Coordinator III) is a position within the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, Community Technology Strategic Initiatives Division.
In 2016 Portland City Council adopted a Digital Equity Action Plan (DEAP), which outlines strategic actions to close the digital equity gap.
The Digital Equity Coordinator works in collaboration with public agency and community partners to develop and advance collective efforts to close the digital divide for Black, Indigenous, and People of color, People with disabilities, and Seniors in Portland. This position has the authority to make decisions on the design and delivery of programs and processes under the City’s Digital Equity Action Plan, including establishing Digital Inclusion Fund grant opportunities, conducting grant compliance and program impact reporting, establishing and maintaining partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, applying for grants and pursuing other funding strategies, and ensuring that the City's programs deliver on the division’s defined outcomes.
What you'll get to do:
- Develop genuine working relationships and collaborations with community leaders representing Black, Indigenous, People of Color communities, other city/county agencies, schools, non-profits, and businesses to advance digital equity goals. This position will design and lead effective community engagement strategies that reflect the City’s diversity, anti-racist, equity, and inclusivity values and facilitate collaboration among diverse stakeholder and sectors.
- Support the Community Digital Equity Coalition (also known as the Digital Inclusion Network) in documenting and sharing on-the-ground insights and expertise, facilitating collective learning about innovate/best practices, and raising awareness about digital equity efforts in the community.
- Identify and pursue new funding opportunities from state, federal, or private entities that promote digital equity and/or supplement the division’s budget to increase capacity for achieving its goals.
- Design and implement the division’s Digital Inclusion Fund grant-making processes, administering fiscal and program compliance of grantee contracts, and analyzing and reporting grant program data for improvements and greater impact.
- Design and lead research projects and data analysis to assess the community’s digital equity needs, possible solutions, and program progress to deliver on outcomes for communities that experience barriers to digital adoption. This position will design and implement evaluation tools to measure and gauge impact, adoption, and benefits of programs.
- Develop presentations, website content, and other materials related to digital equity programs for a wide range of audiences.
- Stage public forums and webinars that inform the public and stakeholders as well as assist local digital equity programs to improve their scalability and reach.
- Represent the City of Portland, Bureau, and the work of the Strategic Initiatives Division related to digital inclusion efforts at city, state, and national forums.