Case Specialist - Salem District Court
This series is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the processing of cases, including entering data in automated systems, within an office of a Clerk-Magistrate, a Register of Probate, or an equivalent office. In addition to case processing duties, this series is responsible for providing service to the public and other individuals who have business with the court, consistent with policies on confidentiality. The position titles above the entry level require the performance of increasingly more responsible and varied work which requires more knowledge of court procedures and operations and the exercise of more independent judgment. Employees are hired at the entry level position title and are eligible for reclassification to the higher-level position titles within this series consistent with the specifications for the higher-level position titles. The position titles revert to the entry level when there are vacancies.
Case Specialist I Requirements:
• Graduation from high school or its equivalent.
• Some general clerical or customer service experience.
• Ability and experience using personal computers, including word processing software such as MS Word.
• Experience with spreadsheet software such as MS Excel is preferred.
• General knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Ability to serve the public and others with business with the court in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to learn the procedures and functions, manual and automated, of the office to which assigned.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to perform routine data entry at an acceptable rate of speed.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with court staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.