National Events Internship
American Liver Foundation | National Events Internship | Part-Time, Unpaid
Since 1976, the American Liver Foundation has remained steady in its mission, facilitating and promoting education, funding, research and advocacy related to liver health and wellness. The American Liver Foundation (http://www.liverfoundation.org) is the premier nationwide source of education and support for liver health and disease prevention. To learn more about the American Liver Foundation, visit liverfoundation.org or call 800-GO-LIVER.
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) seeks an enthusiastic, personable, and detail-oriented intern to support and assist the Events Department in their event programming, promotion, and fundraising efforts.
The National Events Intern will support Events Department in strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising efforts through large and small-scale national signature campaigns such as the Liver Life Walk, Gala, Liver Life Challenge and Make a Difference events. The National Events Intern will work directly with the Events Department to ensure that all event objectives and goals are achieved.
· Assist with recruitment calls for Liver Life Walk and implementation of multi-week virtual walk programming
· Assist with implementing a promotional plan for Liver Life Walk (both on and offline)
· Assist with auction solicitation and additional logistic needs for the annual National Legacy Gala event
· Assist with implementing an on-going recruitment and communications plan for Liver Life Challenge endurance program
· Research and maintain database used for online event marketing purposes (online calendar listings, press release, etc.)
· Assist with online research and outreach of potential event sponsors (in-kind, cash, etc.) Outreach may include cold calls.
· Research best practices being implemented by other non-profits for national walk, endurance and culinary events
· Assist with customer service inquiries
· Department administrative duties as needed
· Excellent relationship management skills
· Strong team communication skills to ensure the ability to work in a virtual environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong phone skills and willingness to make cold calls
· Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized and manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with using Microsoft Office programs and conducting online research
· Must enjoy working as a member of a team with multiple projects and be able to handle pressure with grace
This is a remote, work-from-home position with a required set schedule. Schedule is flexible and will need to be proposed to and approved by the Vice President of Events.
Education Requirements: Candidates should have obtained, or be in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in the field of Public Service, Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Public Health Administration, Communications, Marketing, Special Events and/or related discipline.
Benefits: The American Liver Foundation offers a supportive, all-inclusive working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This internship is an exciting opportunity to work with the nation’s largest patient advocacy and education organization for people living with liver disease, gain valuable non-profit knowledge and contribute to an incredible cause. This is an unpaid internship, but interns can receive school credit where applicable and a letter of recommendation upon completion.
Applicant must pass a personal background check before beginning work.
The American Liver Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other legally protected status with respect to employment opportunities. EO/AA Employer. No phone calls please.