SNY Engineering Internship Summer 2023
The Engineering Internship is intended to provide an undergraduate level student hands-on experience in multi-platform technical areas in Broadcast Engineering. The candidate will be assisting staff engineers in maintaining / replacing equipment, wiring, and general maintenance tasks at a HD production and editing facility in New York City and Citi Field. Job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist on the daily engineering needs for repairs, upgrades, and expansions including but not limited to building, deploying, configuring and maintaining on-air systems such as software installations and updates to core services.
- Contribute on remote sports events and other special field production environments that sustain high productivity shows.
- Shadow on projects dealing with core system preventative maintenance on studio, ENG & newsroom equipment.
- Pair with each engineering team member to gain / increase knowledge on all aspects of the SNY and Citi Field Facility such as:
-Maintaining our Avid production and editing technical spaces
-Maintaining SNY’s remote equipment at area sports venues
-Wiring and installation of newly purchased capital equipment
- Learn to support and perform other daily related duties at SNY as needed
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree majoring in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar degree
- A self-motivated individual with a passion for broadcasting, who is able to multitask and function in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude in analytics and problem-solving
- Experienced with desktop and laptop computers, basic electronics, fundamental knowledge of IT/LAN structures and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Desire to learn new and emerging IP and digital technologies
- Experience with non-linear newsroom systems a plus
- Position requires working some nights and weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship by SNY
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
Hourly Rate: $15/hr