Korean Language Associate Research Analyst
Staff at this level will provide research, analytical, and technical support on a range of projects.
** This Position is Part-Time**
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Under close supervision, conducts research and analysis that meets CNA’s quality standards on focused, structured questions. Can effectively apply standard, routine, and well-established analytic methodologies. With minimal direction and supervision, routinely produces analysis that is logical and traceable as well as objective and unbiased. Shows some analytic creativity.
2. Develops rudimentary institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Contributes productively and harmoniously to the work of others; treats everyone respectfully, professionally and fairly. Keeps others informed. Actively engages with colleagues and works with manager to identify opportunities for collaborations within team and division. Seeks out others working on similar topics.
4. Supports business development efforts and/or marketing activities by conducting background research and helping prepare materials under the direction of more experienced staff.
5. Limited interaction with sponsors/clients and their study POCs under the supervision of an experienced colleague.
6. Impact largely confined to individual project work.
7. Demonstrates basic, effective communication skills, both written and oral. Can effectively present work to colleagues and CNA managers.
8. Works under close supervision on focused, well-structured pieces of projects.
9. Exhibits a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Serves as an effective member of project or research team by supporting leadership as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Master’s & 0+ years of experience in research and analysis.
3. Skills: Korean language (fluency or advanced proficiency); Demonstrated knowledge of Korean peninsula security and political issues. Facility with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint); Ability to manage databases; Ability to gather and organize information on policies, systems, problems, or procedures; Strong critical thinking and organizational skills; Basic knowledge of research techniques; Ability to plan and organize tasks effectively, both as an individual contributor and as a team member; Basic, effective communication skills.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.