Health Care Analyst
Are you looking to Make Your Impact in state service?
Do you want a chance to help those in need?
If so, we have a role for you!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Health Care Analyst (PCN 121006). This role will assist programs within our Office of the Commissioner.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Work Shift: First shift, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Industry leading health benefits with medical and dental coverage
- Generous paid time off, include 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Perform cost and fiscal analysis to determine Medicaid reimbursement rates for Targeted Case Management(TCM), Behavioral Health Homes (BHH), Outpatient and Inpatient services
- Complete random moment time studies (RMTS) administration and analysis tied to rate setting
- Perform fiscal functions related to the Medicaid Rehab Option (MRO) Group Homes including budget preparation process and oversight of annual levels of funding
- Administration, coordination, training, oversight and analysis of twice-yearly time study conducted for 14 MRO individual group homes
- Perform interdepartmental invoice reconciliation
- Analyze and evaluate provider claim expenditures and funding
- Assist on special projects as assigned
MORE ABOUT THE AGENCY AND FACILITIES:
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of professional experience in financial management with some experience in health care management.
Note: Financial management is defined as professional accounting or auditing work with responsibility for the review and recommendation of financial policies and procedures of a business organization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in accounting, finance or other closely related field or public health with some college courses in accounting or finance may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. Professional experience in health care facility administration, health program administration, health insurance administration, health planning or other health care related fields may be substituted for the General Experience on a year for year basis to a maximum of one (1) year.