Retail Assistant (Full-time) - San Diego
Retail Assistant (Full-Time)
The Retail Assistant provides an exceptional experience for every Brilliant Earth customer while maintaining a premium showroom environment. You will serve as the initial representation of the company, greeting customers upon arrival and ensuring the best possible experience in our showrooms. Behind the scenes, you will keep the showroom in pristine condition. You will balance multiple interactions with attention and care while sharing in the happiest moments of our customers’ lives.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to work a schedule that includes weekends.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively greet, check-in, and assist customers, creating a memorable, one-on-one customer experience that reflects our luxury brand and product quality.
- Act as a brand ambassador, communicating our brand values and company mission of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
- Conduct post-sale appointments to assist and educate customers returning for pick-ups, exchanges, re-sizing, and other inquiries.
- Call customers to confirm showroom appointments and answer any pre-appointment questions.
- Review customer feedback surveys and online reviews, working with your leaders to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Maintain luxury showroom appearance, cleanliness, and organization, including executing new product merchandising guidelines.
- Conduct weekly and quarterly audits to ensure showroom standards are being upheld. Follow through with resolving opportunities identified.
- Serve as the liaison for all facilities maintenance projects for the location, including troubleshooting and performing minor repairs as needed.
- Skillfully enforce policies within the waiting room to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all guests, and ensure product security.
- Open and/or close the showroom and waiting area.
What you have:
- A passion for the customer. You don’t just like to help – you go above and beyond to provide the best possible experience to each customer that comes through the door.
- It’s all in the details. When it comes to our customers’ most significant moments, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
- Communication is Key. You have a way with words. Whether you’re interacting with a customer or teammate in person, via email, or by chat, you’re clear and concise.
- Master of Collaboration. You’re a team player. You believe that in order to transform the jewelry industry, we all have to work together!
- A mind for multi-tasking. Whether you’re welcoming a customer or updating our inventory, you’re an expert at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience checking in or assisting customers or clients in a retail, hospitality, or restaurant environment.
- Experience with POS, CRM or ERP software and Mac operating systems.
- A passion for socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Generous PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax. You'll accrue up to 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
The targeted budget for this position is $19hr. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
More About Us
At Brilliant Earth, our mission is to cultivate a more transparent, sustainable, compassionate, & inclusive jewelry industry. We believe in creating jewelry you can feel good about wearing, without ever compromising between quality and conscience. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. As one of the fastest-growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, we're searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team and a video interview with one of our leaders!
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the interview process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.