State and Local Tax Intern - Winter 2024
Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
At RSM, interns work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Interns work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment – not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Integrating state and local tax services with existing clients
- Completing tax planning and research tasks
- Developing an understanding of state and local tax regulations and accounting pronouncements
- Reviewing client’s current tax processes to identify inefficiencies and provide enhancements to improve the clients’ procedures and reduce tax exposure
- Working with the client’s information technology personnel to obtain data of historical purchasing and sales to analyze for reporting requirements, audit procedures, and review for potential refund or credits
- Assisting the client with evaluating sales/use tax software systems that meet their compliance needs and support the implementation process
- 90 credit hours completed
- Working towards B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university
- Accounting Major
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Ability to work effectively on a team
Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.