Public Health Advisor
As a global leader in public health & health promotion, CDC is the agency Americans trust with their lives.
In addition to our everyday work, we offer employees the opportunity to contribute their unique skills through temporary assignments on Emergency Operations Center Response Teams countering new & emerging health, safety, & security threats.
Join our team to use your talent, training, & passion to help CDC continue as the world's premier public health organization. Visit www.cdc.gov
This job is open to:
- Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Clarification from the agency
This position is open to college graduates who have have completed a bachelors or advanced degree within the past two years.
The CDC Public Health Associates Program (PHAP) for Recent Graduates is a CDC workforce development program that provides opportunities for promising, future public health professionals to gain broad experience in day-to-day operation of public health programs. The goal of PHAP is to attract exceptional candidates, with a minimum of bachelor's degree into careers in Public Health.
The exact location of each position will be determined by PHAP upon selection.
As a Public Health Advisor you will:
- Serve as a trainee receiving formal and on the job training designed to familiarize you with the functions and operations of basic public health concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Work with selected public health projects or portions of a larger public health project that is typically of limited complexity.
- Perform duties related to the development, extension, and improvement of health care systems.
- Interview individuals to obtain information.
- Disseminate materials and information.