Administrative Extramural Research Support
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Extramural Research Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Washington, DC.
Salary: $24.20 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams).
- Experience in administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, filing, notetaking) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media technical communications
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills
- A high level of attention to detail is essential for this position
- Experience writing clearly and for a lay audience as evidenced by a writing sample
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines
- Proficiency with database applications, Adobe applications, SharePoint and Project desired but not required.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Science Advisor, Policy and Engagement (OSAPE) is responsible for the Agency’s official Scientific Integrity policy and human subject research review, as well as overseeing and managing: intra-agency science coordination, the Action Development Process leadership, the Regional Science Program, Tribal Science, External Advisory Boards, and EPA extramural research support and partnerships (including research grants and partnerships, challenges, and prizes).
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org