Summer Intern 2023 - Evaluation & Analysis
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is offering a Virtual Spring Internship to a qualified candidate who will support the Evaluation & Analysis team. This paid internship is a part-time, temporary employment opportunity averaging 20 - 30 hours per week for a postgraduate student or PhD candidate. PCORI does not provide housing for out-of-town residents. All applicants must be eligible to work in the US and located in the US. Interested parties may apply for internships in multiple departments; please include a specific cover letter for each position.
Pay Range and Employment Status:
Interns shall be classified as temporary employees who are hired as interim replacements, to temporarily supplement the workforce, or to assist in the completion of a specific project and who are temporarily scheduled to work for a limited duration. Employment beyond any initially stated period does not in any way imply a change in employment status. Temporary workers are not eligible for PCORI benefits.
Current master's level and above students will be paid $20.00 per hour.
The Evaluation & Analysis department is seeking an intern who will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a project that characterizes the diversity and representativeness of investigators and/or participants in PCORI-funded research studies and other projects.
- Gain exposure to multiple aspects of the health research funding process, and current evidence and policy related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the clinical research ecosystem.
- Gain experience with data management and analysis, and the distillation of complex information into summaries of findings.
- Build skills in qualitative and quantitative analyses, and the development of stories from data that can inform organizational decisions.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Evaluation & Analysis team is seeking an intern that will meet the following requirements:
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Understand protocols for data analyses and literature searches.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects, as well as a willingness to collaborate as part of a team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Ideal candidates will be a master’s student or pre-doctoral student in health research or related field (e.g., social science, social work, health policy, public health, public administration, health sciences, or health administration/management.
Applications for the PCORI Spring Internship Program will be accepted up to 12:00pm EST on Monday February 13th. Applicants who are chosen will be phone screened by PCORI People Strategy and Services. Virtual interviews with relevant intern supervisors will take place from February 27th – March 3rd.
Internship Application Submission Deadline – February 13, 2023
Summer Internship Start Date – June 5, 2023
Summer Internship End Date – August 11, 2023
PCORI will only consider complete applications that include:
- A cover letter
- An up-to-date resume
The health and safety of our employees is a top priority. As part of that commitment, PCORI requires all employees, regardless of remote work status, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective and/or new employee at PCORI, you will be required to comply with PCORI's vaccination policy, report your vaccination status, and provide proof of vaccination. Compliance with the policy does allow for exceptions, but those exceptions will only be granted in circumstances related to medical conditions, disabilities, and sincerely held religious beliefs. Continuing with this application indicates your intent to comply with PCORI's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity both internal and external to the workplace. You can learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.