Middle School Assistant Principal
OUR FUTURE: PREPARE. LEARN. LEAD.
Come work at Mount Horeb Area School District located 15 minutes west of Madison, WI! We are currently seeking to hire a highly dedicated Middle School Assistant Principal. In this role we are looking for someone with a strong commitment to building teams and community culture within the school through staff, students, families and the community. We strive to hire individuals who are determined to see all students succeed, inclusive in their practice, cognizant of their mindset, a champion of equity, and results-oriented. Applicants must be committed to continuous improvement and skilled at fostering mutually respectful relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and community members. We look for individuals whose creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and professionalism are contagious.
As a middle school, we strive to ensure high levels of academic and social/emotional learning for all of our students and staff. In an effort to reach our mission, we aspire towards a culture of learning, a positive climate, collaborative professional learning communities, the social/emotional development of students, and relationships with middle school families.
Applications should be submitted by February 22. for top consideration. Interviews will take place March 13 and will remain open until filled.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
This position is responsible for assisting with the overall coordination, administration and implementation of successful educational programming, school activities, programs, student behavior and attendance , creating positive school relationships with families, students, staff and the community, and providing supervision to staff as assigned. Additionally, you will assist the Director of Instruction in providing K-12 leadership for the planning, development and implementation for age appropriate curricular programs along with developing improvements in curricular areas assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Background and experience in the “Middle School Philosophy” and working with middle school students
- Desire to hold high academic and behavioral expectations for all students.
- Ability to nurture a culture of learning, a safe and positive climate, collaborative professional learning communities, the social/emotional development of students, and relationships with middle school families.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with students, staff, and families.
- Monitor student achievement, through the use of data, to drive instruction and develop interventions.
- Address the cultural, linguistic, artistic, and physical needs of our students.
- Listen to the concerns of students’ families, address their needs to the best extent possible, and make them feel welcome in middle school.
- Ability to positively problem solve challenging situations through collaboration, teamwork, and respect.
- Provide families with resources, strategies, and information to help all students find success in middle school.
- Desired mission to lead and possess the organizational skills necessary to lead and manage a large organization.
- Commitment to high professional standards and ethics.
- The ability to analyze, synthesize and implement data that supports and enhances student academic and effective learning.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of young people and adults.
- Experience or training in professional learning communities.
- Timeliness in meeting deadlines, requests, and other professional responsibilities.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Willingness to participate in professional learning including conferences, academies, courses, or professional coaching for the purpose of improving and stimulating the Administrators' professional growth.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Principal license.
- At least three (3) years of successful middle school teaching experience is preferred.
- Prior experience as a dean or associate principal is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
We offer a robust total rewards package including health insurance with Quartz including a point-of-service or HMO plan, each with low deductibles. Benefits also include, but are not limited to: vision and dental, flex spending, short and long-term disability plans, life insurance, and the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Why People Stay:
Great relationships are built on collaboration and communication shared by all staff members, students, and parents/guardians which makes for a successful team and all-around cooperation/satisfaction. MHASD has a friendly and inviting atmosphere that allows for educational freedom and continuous professional development with room to grow within the school district.
Who We Are:
We're pleased to be nationally recognized for excellence in education. Mount Horeb Area School District is dedicated to high levels of achievement and skills through academically enhanced curriculum and priorities for the arts for our 2400+ students and families served. Our District’s mission, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to nurturing, educating, and challenging our students; preparing and empowering them to be productive, responsible, and self-fulfilled members of society. If you're passionate and dedicated, Mount Horeb Area School District is an ideal place to make a difference every day and empower our students. Apply today!
The Mount Horeb Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.