Retail Graphic Designer (Part-Time/OPS) 54047
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-358-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Retail Graphic Designer creates and designs graphic material for use as store merchandise including but not limited to:
- Shirts, mugs, scarves, and totes
- Promotional retail merchandising and point of purchase materials
- Original designs inspired by collection artwork while being consistent with brand identity.
- Other responsibilities would include photographing merchandise and maintaining relationships with vendors and internal contacts as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Attention to detail, creativity, multitasking, time management, work flow optimization and meeting deadlines are critical to succeeding in this position.
- Knowledge on how to appeal to the targeted demographic.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors to create designs within their specifications.
While helpful, these skills are not required to be considered for this role.
- Completion or pursuit of a BS/BA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Two to five years professional graphic design work experience.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$20 per hour.
Museum Employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
Working days are flexible but will need to be completed on site. Hours will fall between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM weekdays.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees who meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit the Benefits website and click on Employee Insurance Eligibility.