High Yield Credit Research Analyst
Income Research + Management
Income Research + Management is a Boston-based, privately owned, fixed income asset management firm. IR+M delivers strong performance and consistent results through a rigorous, bottom-up security selection process and strives to provide best-in-class client service to our 800+ institutional and private wealth clients.
Founded in 1987 and located in the heart of Boston’s financial district, IR+M employs 200+ full time professionals and currently manages $90+ Billion in assets. We offer industry-leading benefits, as well as a challenging, collegial, and rewarding workplace with high levels of employee engagement.
We operate in a hybrid work model that mix days with your team in the office and remote work, leveraging first class technology solutions.
IR+M seeks an individual to join our Investment Team as a High Yield Credit Research Analyst. This individual will report to a High Yield Portfolio Manager and work alongside other Credit Research Analysts focused on high yield sectors. This role provides the candidate the opportunity to take part in IR+M’s growing High Yield efforts from the ground floor.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors, including ESG, that impact current and potential speculative grade fixed income investments across sectors
- Maintain coverage of assigned sectors and periodically issue sector outlooks
- Build financial models to stress cash flows and recovery assumptions
- Present fundamental and relative value opinions to members of the Investment Team and advocate investment recommendations
- Build and develop speculative grade competencies across the firm
- Monitor high yield market developments and strategy
- Partner with individuals across the Investment Team on other ad hoc projects not directly related to credit research as required
- Attend industry conferences and meet with senior management of issuers in assigned sectors
- Engage with credit rating agencies, Wall Street analysts, and other third-party research providers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of investment management experience
- 3+ years of speculative grade corporate credit research experience
- Knowledge of the fixed income markets, leveraged finance, and corporate financial statements
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in Excel, proficiency in financial modeling, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present to varying communication styles
- Collaborative mindset, self-starter, and seeker of opportunities for self-improvement
- Flexibility to juggle multiple priorities and projects for different end users
- Willing to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment and embrace a hybrid work model
- Critical thinker and proactive problem solver
- Strong organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or CFA, or progress towards, is preferred
What we offer you
Joining the IR+M team is an opportunity to experience a unique and exciting culture and work environment. On a daily basis our employees are encouraged to personify our Core Values; working in a manner that emphasizes investment, respect, positivity, and motivation across the business and in delivering results for our clients.
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Hybrid work environment allowing individuals to build strong bonds with colleagues in the office mixed with remote work capability
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with a safe harbor contribution (3%), a company discretionary contribution (12%), and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $15,000/year
- $5,000 Referral bonus for employees who refer new hires
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including 20 days of vacation, 2 wellness days, unlimited sick time plus eight paid company holidays and 2 floating days each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 2 days per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental and family leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Fitness, health, and composting reimbursements
In addition to the opportunity to participate in a discretionary bonus program, the salary range below describes the estimated minimum to maximum base salary range for a position of this level. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each candidate and may vary based upon but not limited to relevant experience, licensure requirements, certifications, skill set, and other business and organizational needs.
Base Salary Range
$140,000 - $160,000
Annual Performance Bonus
This role is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus