Marketing and Research Summer 2023 Intern
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News & World Report is looking for a summer intern in their Specialty Marketing Dept. The position involves identifying marketing-decision makers at universities, hospitals, and companies for a growing start-up B2B venture. This is a fast-paced, rewarding position that requires strong Excel knowledge, good communication skills, and has an interest in Research.
Are you up to the challenge?
1. Researching leads for Best Hospitals and 360 Reviews
2. Learning research 3rd party databases
3. Emailing 360 Reviews leads
4. Manage various excel files; apply complex formulas
Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 48+ credit hours (rising juniors/seniors and graduate students) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
Good oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Strong Excel experience
- Detail oriented: working with large amounts of data
- Interest in Research
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Monday, June 5, 2023 through Friday, August 11, 2023.
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- Internship pays $16.10 an hour.
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- U.S. News & World Report strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (including boosters).
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.