Graduate Intern, Commercial Excellence, Portfolio Analytics
This is what you will do:
Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy is a fully integrated commercial strategy team, aligning global marketing, new product strategy, and commercial excellence across all therapeutic and disease areas. The team’s purpose is to partner with both global colleagues (R&D, Operations, Finance, Corporate Affairs, et al) and regional and local Commercial colleagues to ensure the successful development and launch of innovative therapies that will deliver value for all our stakeholders.
The Commercial Excellence Graduate Intern will gain exposure to and experience in the areas of Portfolio Analytics, Competitive Intelligence, Market Insights & Analytics, and Launch Excellence. In this role and through key projects, the Graduate Intern will advance the impact of the Commercial Excellence Team within Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy and the broader organization.
This individual will work ‘hands-on’ leading high-impact projects, while also learning more about how a rare disease biotechnology company operates globally in these key areas.
The primary focus of this position is Portfolio Analytics, with additional opportunities and exposure to other Commercial Excellence functions.
The Portfolio Analytics function conducts robust portfolio forecasting and reporting capabilities to define financial opportunities across indications/therapeutic areas for the pipeline which aid in enterprise-wide portfolio decision making. This function supports assessment of internal and external opportunities, including rationale, technical and commercial considerations, in partnership with key organization stakeholders. The key focus of this function is to provide financial and analytical support and oversight and produce long-term topline and patient forecasting to enable data-driven decision making (integrated with market insights), demand and infrastructure planning, and deeper comprehension of underlying commercial opportunities. This includes the development of strategic business cases, scenarios, and inputs into portfolio prioritization.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and executing analyses of data and information to generate insights and support the development of innovative medicines
- Collaborating across the Commercial Excellence team, broader Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy team, and with external colleagues to identify areas of exploration, define project scope and assumptions, identify available data sources, brainstorm analysis approach, and gather feedback
- Preparing presentations to communicate your process and findings to key stakeholders
- Working with vendors to execute projects for on-track, on-budget delivery
- Specific projects may include analysis, process enhancement and visualization for forecasting. Forecasts for disease indications and product assets spans patient and sales volumes, market share, sales uptake, revenue, etc.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; graduate student in life sciences/healthcare, business, data sciences, etc. (e.g., MBA, MIS, PhD). Advanced undergraduate students with relevant internship experience may also apply.
- Portfolio Analytics intern will require a focus on Analytics, with capabilities in data analytics, data engineering and visualization.
- Academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates an aptitude for or strong interest in both data sciences, health care and business
- Understanding of the drug development and commercialization process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; problem solve; engage in complex and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours
We would prefer for you to have:
- Research/analytical or commercial experience in the healthcare industry that may include Business Analytics, Competitive Intelligence, Forecasting Analytics, Market Research, Marketing, Project Management, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Financial Analysis, Consulting and/or academic focus in one or more of these areas
- The Portfolio Analytics intern may have the opportunities to experiment with Advanced Analytics Data Sciences such as Machine Learning. Some background with AI/ML modeling is a plus.