MBA Intern, Neurology, Global Commercial
This is what you will do:
Alexion’s Global Commercial team is seeking an intern to join a dynamic and fully integrated commercial strategy team which aligns global commercial strategy, commercial excellence, and new product planning. The purpose of the Global Commercial team is to drive all commercial recommendations in partnership with R&D throughout the development process and with global markets throughout the commercialization lifecycle of our innovative therapies ensuring we deliver value for all of our stakeholders: patients, physicians, payers, policymakers.
The MBA Intern, Neurology Global Commercial will work closely with Therapeutic Area Commercial Strategy Leads and will require significant collaboration with cross-functional commercial and medical teams, across global and regional organizations. This individual will gain experience with helping design market research and support launch preparation in a matrixed global organization.
You will be responsible for:
Assist launch readiness for pipeline therapeutics associated with treatment for severe, rare conditions
- Engage with the Launch Planning Team to advance go-to-market readiness activities focused on launch
- Ongoing support of neurology launch efforts in gMG and NMOSD
- Conduct internal interviews & desk research on competitor launches to distill key takeaways to support global launch team
- Support commercial product launch strategy, planning, and cross functional execution, in conjunction with Global, Regional, and Country level input
Support development, testing, and implementation of market research and assessment projects
- Participate in the development of market research projects as needed
- Support regional implementation workshops to help regional marketing to implement the global brand strategies
- Help organize competitive strategy and scenario planning workshops, participate in discussion and synthesize key takeaways
Help with other strategic initiatives for the Neurology global commercial team
- Assist in the Neurology team’s development of key strategic documents, such as Target Product Profile(s), and implementation of commercialization strategies
- Establish and maintain communication channels and cross-functional collaboration with other Global Commercial functions, regional “in line” commercial marketing, and market research business partners
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Currently enrolled in an MBA program.
- Academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates an aptitude for or strong interest in science and health
- Some commercial experience in the healthcare industry that may include Marketing, Project Management, Business Analytics, Business Development, Corporate Strategy and/or Financial Analysis, Consulting or enrollment in Health Sector Management Education Program
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, builds trust easily, operates with integrity and ethics, thrives in diverse environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly in Excel and PPT.
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Other applicable advanced degrees or certifications a plus