VOLUNTEER OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The Volunteer Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the management, implementation, and growth of the volunteer program. This includes the recruitment, management, and scheduling of volunteers for home construction and rehabilitation work, neighborhood revitalization projects, ReStore efforts, and general affiliate needs. In addition, this position is responsible for all outreach efforts consistent with strategic volunteer engagement. The VOC position is responsible for assessing organizational needs and capacity for volunteers, creating volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks, volunteer database management, and tracking volunteer statistics. The VOC is also responsible for ensuring all volunteers have a rich and rewarding experience. They will work closely with leadership to identify and deepen corporate and individual relationships in support of Habitat’s expanding mission.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, manages, and implements a strategic volunteer engagement program that includes:
- Screening and matching of volunteers to organizational needs.
- Recruiting new volunteers as necessary for special projects or initiatives.
- Coordinating daily volunteer schedule including scheduling and confirmations.
- Communicating schedule to construction staff, ReStore staff, and other appropriate parties.
- Stewarding current volunteer relationships through the creation of a comprehensive Volunteer Recognition Program.
- Maintains volunteer program materials including manuals, handbooks, and orientation documents.
- Enters volunteer data into donor management software, creates thank-you notes, and conducts follow-up correspondence.
- Responds to all volunteer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages logistics for paid Build Days with corporate volunteer groups and supports A Brush with Kindness.
- Designs and delivers training and orientations for individuals and volunteer groups.
- Engages with the Pottstown Community Action and the Norristown Citizen in Action (as Neighborhood Revitalization zone liaison) by attending meetings, fostering leadership, encouraging membership, and representing the mission-focused work of Habitat MDC
- Trains volunteers in sensitivity measures required by the neighborhood revitalization core competencies.
- Meets volunteers on various construction sites periodically to ensure quality volunteer management at all levels.
- Attends outreach events representing Habitat’s interests professionally and competently.
- Plans internal and external recognition or recruiting events.