Accountant, Treasury Operations
The Treasury Operations Accountant is primarily responsible for day to day activity relating to premium billing operations, general ledger journal entries, suspense account reconciliations, processing daily outgoing premium refund and claim payments and supporting tasks for past due premium bad debt management. In addition, this position will assist the Treasury Manager with AR journal entry review, payroll deduct premium handling and bank reconciliations. The candidate will also participate in the support of our internal customers in Customer Solutions with payment corrections and pay plan updates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Works independently with judgment to communicate up when appropriate
- Build a solid understanding of how each billing transaction affects general ledger, bad debt and our internal and external customers.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Prepare suspense and bank reconciliations and improves processes to prevent re-occurrence of discrepancies
- Review and process daily outgoing refund and loss payments
- Process pay plan updates following NACHA returns involving incorrect DDA
- Prepare submissions to collections vendor for bad debt placements. Notify vendor of direct paid balances, post weekly remittances.
- Review and correct suspense account activity via EAS Suspense module
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance
- One to three years related experience. Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of general ledger systems; preferably Workday.
- Ability to understand current process flows
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite products Excel, Access, Word and Power Point.