2023 Biological R&D Summer Intern
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Animal Health Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
We are seeking interns with strong academic performance, communications skills, teamwork, and the ability to work in a multi-functional environment. This is a paid internship targeted to start in May or June 2023 for 10-12 weeks.
Applicants should have a science background and a working knowledge of basic laboratory techniques in life science. Successful candidates are open to learning and committed to making an active contribution to team goals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Perform laboratory work and conduct research under the guidance of senior team members.
- Data generation, documentation, analysis and preparation of tabulated summaries
- Coordinate work schedule with other groups or team members
- Read scientific literature as assigned by supervisor
- Make project-oriented presentations in team meetings
Required Education & Experience:
- Must have completed their sophomore year towards a bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Veterinary Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Protein Science, Biomedical Engineering or Biotechnology by June 2023.
- Candidates must have Strong interest in laboratory and clinical research and solving scientific problems required
- Candidates must have General computer skills are essential along with the ability to keep accurate records
- Candidates must be available for full-time employment for 10 – 12 weeks during the months of May - August 2023
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to school in Fall 2023
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have basic laboratory skills and research experience
- Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should have time management and organization skills, strongly preferred
Our Animal Health Research & Development team work tirelessly to invent solutions to improve the health and wellbeing of animals. Our state-of-the-art research facilities create an environment of innovation that enable us to create breakthrough science changing the way we approach animal health challenges.
Who we are for...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.