Program Associate, Student Leadership
Program Associate, Student Leadership
For External Use
Location: Washington D.C. *This position is based in Washington, DC but eligible for telework
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Program Associate will be a critical and valued member of the Student Leadership programs (Global UGRAD- Pakistan and Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program) providing backstopping support to a variety of program activities including but not limited to participant/alumni monitoring and support; compliance; finance support; partner recruitment and engagement; research, internal and external report preparation; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and alumni network development and engagement. The Program Associate will carry out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of work experience; work experience may include internships or part-time job or combination of both.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce preferred
- Interest or experience in leadership development
- Interest or experience in international exchange or professional development programming
- Work, volunteer or internship experience with community-based organizations either in the U.S. or abroad preferred
- Experience working with diverse groups and teams toward a shared goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- interpersonal skills and networking ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong facilitation skills (in person and virtually)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Pakistan and/or South Asia preferred
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Tunisia and/or North Africa preferred
Incumbent must be a U.S. citizenship or demonstrate proof of valid U.S. work permit.
Your Daily Tasks
- Coach and mentor portfolio of participants for successful program completion, including corresponding with participants and hosts; maintenance of participant files; financial tracking and coordinating payments; and fielding participant inquiries.
- Provide logistic support for all program needs, may include event planning, travel arrangements, schedule meetings, etc.
- Support network development through and serve as an active connector for the program’s network of participants, alumni, hosts, and volunteers
- Support implementation of online learning curriculum via the program’s learning management software
- Assist in the creation, management, and facilitation of program trainings and workshops.
- With supervision, assist with program reports.
- Compile and track a wide range of participant information and project data, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned.
- Support participants through the pre-arrival administrative process
- Support program internal and external communication; tasks may include, the management of email inboxes and program contact information, draft written communications, contribute to program communication tools (newsletters) and social media efforts.
- Accurately perform financial administration tasks (check requests, process payments to participants and vendors, etc). Develop a sound understanding of the purpose and reason for each required task consistent with policies.
- With supervision, draft correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is/is not ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled