Admissions Counselor (Online/Remote)
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
Position Name: Admissions Counselor (Online/Remote)
Work Hours: 8-4:30 M-F; Occasional nights and weekends as required. This is a remote position
Supervisor: Associate Vice President of Admissions
UWS Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid and employer sponsored health, dental and vision insurance plan options. 403(b) retirement plan with up to 10% match after one year. Tuition waiver eligibility for UWS academic programs after one year of employment. Free and reduced cost care in the campus health center for employees and their immediate family members. Paid vacation, sick, wellness time and holidays.
The UWS Admissions Counselor supports prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and application processes to help students apply to programs and matriculate for the University to meet its enrollment goals. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruitment communications directed toward prospective students. This position is also responsible for assisting prospective students in the decision-making process relative to the academic, schedule, time, motivation, and cost benefits of attending UWS. The Admissions Counselor is involved with staff, faculty, administrators and students and plays an active role in the campus community.
Recruitment: Student-Focus (70%)
• Advise prospective students on admissions requirements and application processes for all programs offered at UWS.
• Clearly articulates the mission and value of the university to prospective students.
• Provides superior customer service to students through the entire admission process.
• Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process.
• Completes a high level of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
• Conducts telephone-based, virtual, and in person consultations to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
Lead Management and CRM/Systems Update (15%)
• Effectively maintains Salesforce database through inquiry management, proper documentation, logging of calls and activities, and purposeful engagement strategy.
Professionalism, Teamwork and Relationship-Building (15%)
• Serve as a member of the Admissions team to recruit and enroll qualified and motivated students to UWS academic programs.
• Build and maintain relationships with health professionals and academic program advisors, counselors, and faculty at feeder institutions.
• Employ general knowledge of accreditation standards and licensing requirements.
• Consistently achieves behavioral and performance expectations as outlined in the annual performance review.
• Encourage a healthy and productive working relationship between Enrollment Services and other UWS departments.
• Practice a high standard of ethics and integrity.
• Other duties as assigned.
UWS CORE VALUES
Best Practices: We maintain high standards by using and integrating evidence across multiple disciplines.
Curiosity: We are innovative, open minded, and forward thinking.
Inclusiveness: We are respectful, mindful, and welcoming of different ways of being, thinking, and doing.
Professionalism: We are responsible, respectful, and accountable.
Student-Focus: We work for the common good of students’ academic and professional success.
Whole-Person Health: We promote physical, mental and emotional wellness in all facets of the UWS experience.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s degree is encouraged. Those without a Bachelor’s degree with a substantial admissions experience may be considered.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of recruitment experience or similar background is preferred. Previous admission experience also preferred.
Related Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required; knowledge of database/CRM applications encouraged. Salesforce experience preferred.
Other Qualifications: The ability to work evenings and weekends is required; some occasional travel may also be required.