ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
The News Department at TelevisaUnivision in Tampa, FL is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team!
We are seeking a creative journalist who can work across all of our dynamic platforms, who is able and willing to engage our viewers and online users on a daily basis. A journalist who is highly skilled, self-starter who can produce, shoot and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories, for shooting, editing, writing, and presenting accurate, daily news stories. The right candidate will work as a one-person operation and be responsible for reporting, shooting, and editing news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets. Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products. The right candidate must be able to shoot and edit, be active in social media, and drive creative storytelling on a daily basis. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Reporting, shooting and editing video news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets.
- Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products.
- The right candidate must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily.
- Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Radio and other social media outlets.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Minimum 1 year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish (spoken, read and write)
- Must be willing to work from office in Tampa, FL and surrounding DMA
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.