Advanced Systems Analyst
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Financial Services (FS) team. The successful candidate will be working in the Financial Systems unit of the Business Systems Program Management Office (BSPM). BSPM is a technically diverse and dynamic Subdivision with a team of professionals responsible for providing centralized and coordinated management of projects and operations that contribute to the development and optimization of Naval Reactors (NR) Program business systems.
Our organization focuses on ensuring that the business systems support the lines of business (LOBs) operations and improvement of their business capabilities in alignment with overall NR Program and NNL goals. The successful candidate will provide data analytics expertise and analytics solutions to business partners across the organization by turning ERP data into reports and visually intuitive dashboards that impact key decision making in the organization.
Responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop functional and technical specifications for report creation using Oracle Fusion Cloud reporting tools and develop essential organizational analyses to support strategic business objectives and facilitate decision making across the organization
- Work with our projects and development teams to champion cross-functional collaboration among data analysts and data engineers to refine and enhance Reporting and Analytics solutions
- Collaborate with functional leaders and partner with Information Technology and project teams to create and iterate solutions and dashboards to empower operational and exploratory analysis using business intelligence tools (Financial Reporting Studio, BI Publisher, OTBI, Power BI...
- Assist in developing the roadmap for Analytics and Advanced Analytics to enable the business strategy
- Oversee and lead process improvements across the FS department and sites in support of FS business objectives.
- Provide data analytics expertise to the department.
- Assist management in directing efforts for the development, preparation, recommendation, and justification of major system applications
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of best practices, and compliance related to issues in area of expertise to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures as directed by management.
Required Combination of Knowledge and Skill
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience or; Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Oracle Fusion Cloud reporting knowledg
- Experience using Oracle Financial Reporting Studio, OTBI, and Business Intelligence Publishe
- Experience with Power BI Data Modeling and Reportin
- Demonstrated programming skills using SQL, PLSQL, and ERP extracts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related softwar
- Ability to solve complex problems with data
- Detail-oriented and applies validation principles for data accuracy
- The ability to effectively present technical concepts and analytical results verbally, visually, and in written form for technical and non-technical customer
- Excellent analytical, design, and organizational skills, with strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilitie
- Ability to manage time efficiently with the capacity to handle multiple tasks concurrently under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with high levels of accountability; demonstrated initiative, innovation, and flexibility.