- Plan and implement informative and engaging art courses which draw upon many styles, time periods, methods and media
- Demonstrate basic skills for working with various types of art media
- Emphasize technique development and exploration, as well as creative expression
- Foster artistic development in novice and advanced students
- Use a variety of visual aids, textbooks, and creative projects to engage students in the creative process and art appreciation
- Communicate clearly and present problems to invoke independent thinking and personal expression, as well as well-planned lessons
- Plan exhibits, competitions, and events to promote Greenfield Middle School and its art programs to the community and within the state.
- Work with colleagues to help acknowledge art, particularly American art, in their subjects
- Maintain classroom records
- Perform other related duties as required.
SALARY: Per the Greenfield Education Association Master Agreement Salary Schedule
- Massachusetts Teacher Certification in Art Education
- 3 years successful Middle School Teaching Experience, preferred
- Proven ability to manage, plan, engage, inspire, and evaluate