2023 Analytics & Data Science Intern (EPIC)
Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies^TM and through our businesses including Trane^® and Thermo King^®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane Technologies Enterprise Program for Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) provides current college students with challenging assignments, leadership training, valuable exposure to our company's senior leaders and opportunities to network. Our 12-week summer EPIC opportunity offers candidates working toward their Bachelor's in Analytics or a technical field exposure to variety assignments which will include various ways to apply your education in solving real world problems.
Here at Trane Technologies, we value our people and their development. Through our EPIC program, participants will have an opportunity to interview for our full-time, post-graduate Accelerated Development Program for Data Analytics. Click here to learn more.
This position is eligible for a Hybrid work schedule and will be based out of one of our many locations across North America. Flexible work from home options available.
Successful Candidate’s Profile:
We are looking for performance-driven, innovative leaders who understand the importance of collaboration and customer focus. A successful EPIC candidate will exhibit the following:
* Pursuing a BS/BA in technical or analytics related field such as Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar.
* Overall GPA of 3.0
* Understand data sets essential to developing models, visualizations, reports, and insights.
* Deliver results on a self-governed project, using business data and analytics tools to deliver final data product.
* Coursework utilizing some or all of the following: Python, R, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, or other visualization software
* Collaborate with others on the analytics team to develop understanding of the data, the business, and technical approaches.
* Willing to be mobile and relocate anywhere in the United States
* Demonstrated leadership skills such as: campus organizations, sports team captain, resident advisor, etc. or exceptional leadership of work projects
* At least one internship or related work experience, or experience on platforms such as Kaggle.
* US. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Base Pay: $21.00 – $28.50 per hour
Disclaimer: This base pay range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of function, class year, and geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.