Financial Management Analyst (GS-7/9/11)
Apply online through 2/21/2023 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/704101800
This is NOT a remote work opportunity. Positions are located in Indianapolis, IN.
Analyzes, plans, and evaluates functions to determine the propriety, accuracy, and adequacy of work processes. Uses financial management analysis of automated systems, regulatory and statutory requirements to identify financial management problems.
Possesses knowledge of regulatory guidance, applicable laws, policies, regulations, and precedents that affect the full range of finance and accounting services in support of our customers.
Identifies problems or issues such as inadequate maintenance of fund control, inaccurate records and reports, lack of documentary evidence to support the performance of regulatory reconciliations, and improper methods used for document control/flow.
Reviews and analyzes a variety of reports received from internal and external sources. Analyzes and evaluates review or examination findings, and develops formalized reports to include recommendations and identification of suggested changes.
Provides financial management technical advice to directorates in identifying issues with regulatory requirements, procedures, systems, or problems arising from changes in mission, programs, or structure along with recommendations for improvements.
Performs quality control examinations of operations, policies, procedures, and internal controls including the analysis of data and information with the objective to prevent and detect deficiencies in the operation of functional area systems.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and be granted a top secret/high risk security clearance.
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification Level 2.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and a top secret clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security clearance may result in termination.
- Position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense via delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency. Qualified application packages may be referred to management at various points in the selection process depending on the number and timing of applications received. Selections may be made at any point during the announcement open period.
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
Applicants MUST have related financial experience AND/OR a related financial degree (examples include: Finance, Accounting, Management, Actuarial Science, or related), in addition to meeting Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification requirements. Substitution of combination of education and experience must still, in conjunction, minimally satisfy the DHA qualification requirement.
To be hired at the GS-7 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of a GS-05 within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Applying financial laws, principles, systems, policies, methods, and practices to provide routine technical guidance to managers, employees and/or customers; gathering data from financial systems; and researching financial policies and laws to resolve common financial issues.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-7 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year of graduate level education or Superior Academic Achievement (Grade point average of a 2.95 or higher on a 4.0 scale or class standing in the upper third of the graduating class or major subdivision) or membership in a national scholastic honor society may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
To be hired at the GS-9 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the federal service performing financial systems analysis in support of finance mission and applying knowledge of financial management principles as they relate to automated financial systems processing and operations.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Researching and interpreting financial regulations, policies and laws to provide substantive recommendations and advice to managers; analyzing and evaluating reports and data from financial systems to identify issues and discrepancies; and researching and interpreting financial policies and laws to resolve financial issues.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-9 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Master's or equivalent graduate level degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
To be hired at the GS-11 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the federal service performing complex data analysis and evaluation of financial systems, policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure the continuity of a financial system's operations.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Analyzing financial and accounting operations to recommend process improvements; monitoring and evaluating financial systems to identify weaknesses and ensure compliance with internal controls; and analyzing the impact of applicable laws and regulations on an organization's financial policies, operations and systems and recommending changes to maintain compliance.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-11 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
This position is developmental and selections may be made at the GS-07, GS-09 entry level grades or at GS-11, the full performance level grade. Once eligibility and qualification requirements are met, selectees will be eligible for promotion at management discretion to the GS-09 and GS-11 grade levels without further competition.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/704101800