Event & Rental Coordinator - 53980
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-538-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
Event & Rental Coordinators assist in the planning of social, entertainment, educational, fundraising events, and lend support with vendors and logistics for other departments as well as interact with potential clients, answer inquiries, conduct site tours, create rental contracts.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages The Ringling's social, entertainment, educational, rental and fundraising events, with oversight of various staff and volunteers assigned to each event.
- Develops and maintains community and vendor relations, obtains and monitors vendor certificates of insurance, execute performance contracts, solicits in-kind donations, and incorporates new event trends. Works closely with Marketing department on materials and content, timelines, and grassroots outreach.
- Executes rental agreements for clients, processes moneys received and client correspondence.
- Works closely with other departments to assist with event planning, bidding, vendors and logistics. Develops and/or revises policies related to University social, entertainment, educational, rental and fundraising events.
- Drives a golf cart to traverse the 66 acre estate to provide tours to prospective clients in addition to event logistics.
You can Stay Up-to-Date on Events, Specials, Closures and More at The Ringling by visiting our website or learn more about Weddings & Receptions at The Ringling .
This role requires:
- A Bachelor's degree and 2 years' of experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to 6 years'.
- Please note that higher education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, and basic computer functions.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment and prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- The ability to meet physical requirements (as determined by position) including the ability to traverse 66 acre estate, climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, and move/lift up to 25lbs such as tables and chairs.
- Valid driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Prior experience working in a wide variety of events.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will vary based on the education, skills, and experience of the selected candidate. Please note that majority of applicants will be offered a midpoint in the low 40k range.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.
Typically Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a one hour lunch break. Please note that evenings, weekends, special events, or holidays will be required based on scheduled events and the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.