Internship - Manufacturing Engineer
About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications.
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Acquires job skills through the participation in Novo Nordisk’s Summer Early Talent Internship Program. Performs a variety of business-specific duties in support of a department or functional area; tasks include but not limited to project support, budget support, administrative tasks, market research, and other relevant experiences based on the managers criteria.
Reports to the Manufacturing Manager. Directly supports a business or a function. Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit but may include internal departments, visitors and customers. Build relationships with other participants in the Summer Early Talent Internship Program.
- Performs a variety of duties specific to the Engineering department, including, but not limited to project support, budget support, administrative tasks, market research, and other relevant experiences based on the Manufacturing manager criteria.
- Assist the Engineering Department by increasing the robustness in internal engineering systems.
- Develop a good understanding of process engineering in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates competency in written and oral communications.
- Manages multiple priorities in a complex environment assigned by Engineering manager or team members.
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders.
- Performs basic analysis based on identified needs based on direction provided.
- Provides support for budgets and projects.
- Reviews, updates and uploads information to relevant systems.
- Utilizes software and/or systems (such as MS Office, SAP, Concur, etc..) specific to the functional area to gather and generate basic reports, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations.
- Works on basic departmental projects and updates stakeholders according to plan.
- Education Level: Must be currently enrolled an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelors degree in Chemical, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical or a related discipline preferred
- Strong academic record with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience Level: 0-1 years of relevant experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.