International Equity Analyst #8716
International Equity Analyst #8716 Cleveland, OH
Federated Hermes, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investment managers with over $701 Billion assets under management has an exciting opportunity for an international equity analyst to join our International Growth team focusing on international growth-oriented stocks. The ideal candidate will have some investment management experience; however, we will consider candidates who are hard-working, self-starters with a passion for learning. Read on for more details.
Cleveland is a vibrant community with a strong, revitalized economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; strong academics and active arts, food, cultural and sports scenes.
- College degree required; coursework in economics, international relations, math, finance, accounting or advanced degree and/or CFA or progress towards CFA helpful
- Up to three years of experience working in a professional/corporate environment which may include internships; exposure to the asset management business and international cultures preferred
- Investment experience covering Asia, the Nordics and/or Eastern Europe preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and possibly Bloomberg and FactSet preferred
- Strong desire to pursue a career as an investment professional which may be evidenced by participating in investment clubs, etc.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication, and decision making skills required
- Under the guidance of the portfolio manager and team, initiate, perform and maintain in-depth research and analysis of international equity market and securities in order to provide quality recommendations. The investment analysis will include financial statement analysis, financial modeling, comparable company analysis as well as assessment of industry, currency, political and macroeconomic trends.
- Utilize analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate to the portfolio managers for inclusion in the portfolio. This includes generating and diligently communicating value-added buy, sell and hold recommendations on individual securities and other information relevant to the portfolio.
- With the portfolio managers’ oversight, diligently seek research and remain apprised of country, currency, political, company-specific and industry trends. Sources include, but are not limited to, industry publications, public documents, trade journals, interviews with management teams, government officials, or industry representatives, and discussions with sell-side analysts.
- Maintain cash sheets, sell side discipline, relative growth models and spreadsheets
- Help gather macro country, sector and company data to assist in determining and confirming country, security and sector recommendations
- Diligently monitor news sources from around the world with particular attention to the designated region
- Analyze financials and company growth prospects and build earnings growth models
- Review analyst, company, and industry reports and participate on earnings calls
- Run screening models and generate reports to support and enhance the investment process
- Track specific industry statistics, monitor cash sheets and assist in preparing marketing presentations and security investment one pagers
- Assist in analyzing portfolios versus benchmarks
- Participate in investment meetings within the firm