R&D Intern (Bioinductive Technologies)
This internship is a part of CONMED TALENT LAUNCH – a hands on, immersive program designed to provide students with the exposure, experience and development needed to launch a successful career at CONMED. Program highlights include networking with senior leaders and recent college graduates, feedback and coaching, cross-functional shadowing opportunities, and more!
Growth is our focus at CONMED and we know that R&D innovation is key to growth and our success! We are dedicated to innovation across our product portfolio and believe in the power of engaged talent on our teams. We are seeking an engineering student to join our Bioinductive Technologies R&D team for a Research & Development internship during Summer, 2023.
The Bioinductive Technologies team is a recent addition to the CONMED family through the acquisition of Biorez Inc (New Haven, CT). The Bioinductive Technologies team has developed the BioBrace™ scaffold, a new implant technology to reinforce tendon and ligament repairs and to facilitate tissue regeneration. Through its proprietary open porous architecture, and use of biomaterials, the BioBrace™ has been engineered to provide a high degree of bio-inductivity to promote rapid tissue regeneration, a biomechanical profile to reinforce repairs throughout the full healing profile, and full absorption overtime to fully restore the anatomy to its normal state.
As a Bioinductive Technologies R&D Intern, you will learn alongside seasoned professionals through hands-on application of engineering principles and methodologies. Your efforts in problem solving, creative thinking and cross-functional collaboration will directly contribute to the team’s R&D projects and initiatives.
The Intern’s responsibilities will include:
· Assist in inventing / creating concepts and designs/approaches for new products
· The opportunity to work hands-on in a mechanical lab
· Create and evaluate prototype designs
· Perform design verification and validation
· Develop test methods, procedures and fixtures for R&D
· Support the production of commercial implants through manufacturing scale up
· Collaborate with engineers to support all other project related activities
This internship position requires a driven problem solver and a responsible team player who can think creatively while keeping business objectives front of mind. If you enjoy engineering design, analysis, and like to work with your hands, we invite you to apply to this summer internship!
· Pursuing a graduate degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, Chemical, or other), or MD
· Must be available to work onsite out of the New Haven, CT facility (470 James St., Unit 14, New Haven, CT 06513) throughout the summer internship program (May 22, 2023 – July 28, 2023)
· Position is 40 hours / week, M-F
· Experience working in a regulated industry is a plus
· Experience working with medical device design, development or manufacturing is a plus
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.
Disclosure as required by applicable law, the hourly pay rate range for this position is $15.00 to $30.00. The actual compensation may vary based on geographic location, work experience, education and skill level. The hourly pay rate range is CONMED’s good faith belief at the time of this posting.