GIS Quality Analyst Trainee
This role is part of the United States Postal Service Professional Development Program (PDP), to develop the competencies, technical knowledge, skills, and experience needed for success in a full performance Headquarters level job. The first year of the program is dedicated to developing core competencies using the Postal Service Competency model. Selected candidates will apply the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired from an academic program of study to the USPS business environment through the completion of projects and work assignments within various business units. Throughout the program, trainees will have the opportunity to participate in mentoring and networking opportunities within various levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs entry-level assignments designed to develop a broad understanding of U.S. Postal Services GIS and geospatial-related functions, internal policies, and procedures.
- Develops knowledge about GIS principles and processes to develop an understanding of customer needs, quality and testing requirements, and consider solutions to issues.
- Provides support to GIS and geospatial products and services deployment testing meet quality requirements.
- Supports cross-functional projects by researching and evaluating GIS and geospatial methodologies and solutions.
- Attends stakeholder meetings to gain information and insight into customer needs, document requirements, and gain information used to determine testing criteria. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal stakeholders to gain confidence and cooperation.
- Knowledge of GIS processes and principle sufficient to provide support to colleagues performing GIS quality assurance.
- Ability to analyze and review 2D and 3D map content.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to internal and external stakeholders and project teams.
- Ability to perform research on GIS and geospatial methodologies, best practices, and consider potential recommendations.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Possession of a Bachelors or Graduate degree in Geography, Urban Planning, Geographic Information Science, Cartography, or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education. NOTE: Qualified applicants must earn a degree from an accredited college or university no more than 24 months prior to the date of employment. Preference-eligible veterans (see 5 U.S.C. ' 2108) who were unable to apply during that two-year period because of their military service may apply up to two years after they are released or discharged from active service. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years from the date on which they received their qualifying degrees. Must Graduate by JUNE 30, 2023.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH A RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
**This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 - 8 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for.