Fundraising and Grants Intern at BFAIR
BFAIR is a progressive human service agency seeking a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about our organization by assisting our Development Department.
To be successful as an intern, you should be flexible, able to work independently, be professional and be willing to learn new tasks.
This internship is within the Development Department of BFAIR, a human services agency that provides programs and resources for individuals with developmental disabilities, autism, and acquired brain injury. Through this internship, you will have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of fundraising, development, and grants at a nonprofit. This role will include administrative support, database management, donor cultivation, and research.
- Supporting the Director of Development with funding proposals, presentations, and reports
- Conducting research on prospective workplace giving opportunities nationwide and specifically in Berkshire, Hampden, and Hampshire Counties
- Assisting in grant research and grant writing
- Overseeing BFAIR’s donor database projects
- General administration including donation entry and acknowledgement letter assembly.
- Research skills
- Writing and copy-editing skills
- Database management skills
- Donor stewardship and cultivation
- High level communications skills
Compensation and Application
The intern will be required to work 40 hours per week and will be compensated $15/hour. Internship period will run for 10 weeks from June through August. The intern can work from either the North Adams or Pittsfield offices.
Students interested should apply at Berkshire Interns and submit a cover letter and resume. Only students currently enrolled in college or a graduate program may apply.