About Kirby McInerney LLP
Kirby McInerney LLP, founded over 75 years ago, is a New York City-headquartered law firm that represents institutional investors, governmental entities, and individuals in securities, antitrust, and whistleblower litigation.
Job Description- Litigation Paralegal
Kirby McInerney is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal. The Litigation Paralegal will support the firm’s litigation practice. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct factual investigations and in-depth data analysis using advanced securities monitoring technology to support new and ongoing litigation matters;
- Proofing/cite and fact checking documents drafted by attorneys, including motions, mediation submissions, discovery requests and responses, and trial papers;
- Facilitate the firm’s marketing efforts by maintaining and editing website content, print material, and other forms of marketing-related content, including posting on social media platforms;
- Perform intake and initial filtering of client inquiries; and
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and proofreading proprietary reports for institutional investor clients, with a focus on accuracy and data quality.
- B.A. required;
- Graduation date 2023 or earlier;
- Attention to detail and excellent writing skills required (writing samples required);
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence in the workplace with high energy level;
- Strong organizational, team building, and communication skills a plus;
- Genuine interest in the financial industry and the firm’s practice areas;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment; flexibility with overtime; and
- Tech savvy; strong analytical skills preferred; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation: The expected annual base salary for this role ranges from $48,000 - $55,000. Kirby McInerney considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
Additional Information: You must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Kirby McInerney is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.