Open Source Research Analyst
Open-Source Research Analysts conduct geospatial open-source research projects for internal and external customers. They apply research strategies to conduct time-sensitive and in-depth research based on intelligence priorities and world events. They monitor, compile, and evaluate publicly available information (PAI) in support of GEOINT requirements. These analysts also identify indicators and trends, provide resources, and develop formal reports for customers to use in GEOINT analysis or products.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated proficiency with both written and verbal communication.
2. Demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse group of leaders to advise on collection management issues and topics.
3. Demonstrated skill in researching, developing and delivering presentations to audiences.
4. Experience using social media platforms to extract data.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Experience utilizing social analytics and tools.
2. Experience in Open Source Intelligence Techniques.
3. Experience applying critical and Spatial thinking skills.
4. Experience with safe searching methods and tools.