Training & Program Analyst II
The Portland Water Bureau is seeking a Training and Programming Analyst to join the Business Services Team.
Do you have a passion for employee engagement and development?
Do you enjoy working with people from varied disciplines and different learning objectives to create a holistic employee development experience?
Do you like to creatively problem-solve how to convey information for people with multiple learning styles, accessible in a variety of formats?
If you answered yes, we hope you’ll apply for this job!
The Water Bureau is hiring for the role of Training and Programming Analyst, a position that will manage the design, development, and implementation of specific programs and activities to advance racial and disability equity, individual competency, and organizational effectiveness.
This position will maintain existing successful employee programs at the bureau while developing new experiences and training opportunities as established through the strategic planning process. This position continues to build our growing Employee Experience Team, a critical component of the Business Services Work Group and is oriented toward employee connection, cross-group learning, development, and well-being.
As a key member of the team, the Training and Programming Analyst will be responsible for creating, implementing, assessing, and sustaining bureau training and employment programs for a workforce of 600 employees dispersed over multiple regional sites and diverse job functions.
- This role will design and provide consistent and more equitable access to cross-group learning opportunities.
- This role is responsible for the coordination and expansion of existing employee engagement programming including, but not limited to, the Job Shadow program and the SOAKED program, an intensive immersive employee experience of the water system.
- This role will work in partnership with other project and area leads to support the implementation of initiatives identified in the bureau’s Strategic Plan and Plan to Advance Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, including employee life-cycle training and programs, equity training and programs, and other areas of employee development where needed.
- This role will support leadership development for our bureau managers and supervisors regarding best practices for recruitment, managing a diverse team and an inclusive workplace, cultural competence, and employee well-being.
- This position will innovate in the areas of training accessibility and delivery in order to reach employees in a variety of work contexts with diverse learning styles.
- This role’s assigned work will align with the Water Bureau's strategic and equity goals. learn more here https://www.portland.gov/water/about-us#toc-strategic-plan
What kind of work should I anticipate doing during the first year in this role?
- Co-lead the bureau-wide implementation of LinkedIn Learning including promoting the program, communicating the value and evolving opportunity to the workforce, management of employee experience with the platform, developing recommended learning pathways, and leading an assessment of the 2-year pilot period.
- Develop and sustain a cohort group for managers and supervisors to experience professional development and peer-to-peer learning and support.
- Relaunch in-person programming to include consistent ‘lunch and learn’ style experiences, special events, and bi-annual immersive multi-day programming.
- Develop and facilitate needed training as defined by both the bureau’s strategic direction and as other needs and priorities emerge.
- Serve as a convener and expert consultant to develop policies and processes that enhance a more streamlined and accessible delivery of all training and programming to the bureau workforce.
- Facilitate and participate in bureau committees and strategy groups and city-wide training and development committees.
- Supervise and collaborate with part-time Training and Programming Community Service Aide.