Remittance Associate Analyst
Join a fast-growing company that is transforming its industry! Financial Recovery Technologies is a technology-based services firm that helps institutional investors identify, file claims, and collect funds made available in securities class action settlements. Our best-in-class people and technology have made FRT a market leader. As an Associate Analyst on our Remittance Team, you will be responsible for owning and improving some of our core accounting and finance functions!
As an Associate Analyst on our Remittance Team at FRT, you will work with colleagues and clients to reconcile funds received and ensure that they are accurately allocated and distributed on a timely basis to our 800+ clients:
- Take ownership of FRT’s remittance process
- Maintain accurate client and account data for remittance, including wire/ACH instructions
- Review and reconcile fee calculations to ensure proper revenue recognized for FRT
- Ensure funds received from claims administrators are promptly and accurately distributed to clients
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and execute workflows responsible for remitting monies to clients
- Reconcile funds received, allocate and ensure distribution to the appropriate clients, and produce related documentation
- Review and ensure proper accounting of transactions. Identifying and booking proper allocation for journal entries and bank transactions into the ERP
- Assist with accounts receivable including billing and reconciliation
- Become sufficiently adept at the above to be able to recommend and assist in implementing process improvements
- Own and embrace assigned responsibilities to mastery
- Identify areas for improvement in processes, suggest ideas for effecting change, and drive process improvements to completion
- Develop and capitalize on strong cross-functional working relationships to increase integration of financial functions into the business
- Develop strong working relationships with operations team to ensure successful integration of financial and operational functions at points of intersection
- Build relationships across the company to ensure you’re seen as a go-to person on finance-related matters
Our ideal candidate is:
- At their best in a fast-paced environment, capitalizing on their ability to handle highly varied tasks with multiple (and at times competing) deadlines and to shift priorities on short notice;
- Enthusiastic, courteous, adaptable, and flexible, demonstrating a spirit of cooperation in all contexts;
- Self-directed and detail oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills;
- Highly collaborative, prioritizing collaboration over credit, and interested in building strong relationships with peers across corporate functions;
- A planner, identifying and analyzing problems, proposing solutions, and anticipating future problem areas before initiating action and implementing solutions;
- A can-do type, projecting confidence and professionalism, as well as a strong sense of urgency;
- Intellectually curious with a demonstrated commitment to continuous growth; and
- Of course, looking to join a growing company with a vibrant, entrepreneurial culture, dedicated to being the top provider in the class action recovery space.
Note: This is an entry-level role that requires personality attributes more than technical skills. That said, while not required, experience in financial services, advanced Excel, and SQL+ would shorten the learning curve.
What benefits does FRT offer:
- Fun and diverse colleagues
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company match)
- Income protection plans (life, disability) and access to a suite of voluntary benefit programs
- We are a hybrid company; in office, we offer:
- Close to public transit (walking distance to Wellington T on Orange Line)
- Free drinks and snacks
- Free access to onsite gym
- Free parking onsite
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR MEDFORD, MA HEADQUARTERS. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE.
AGENCIES: WE ARE NOT WORKING WITH AGENCIES ON THIS REQUISITION.
FRT provides equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence or other similar offenses, consumer credit history, unemployment, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
FRT is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.