Vice President, Marketing and Communications Strategy
Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus is now accepting applications for the Vice President, Marketing and Communications Strategy position. The Vice President executes a strategic, comprehensive, multi-channel communications plan that advances the College’s overall mission and vision and supports the development and implementation of strategic enrollment management initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the strategy and execution of the college’s comprehensive, multi-channel communications plans to advance student experience-driven marketing and communications that build support among campus and external communities.
- Establishes the vision for delivering on the College brand experience, and advances college-wide support and adoption of a unified, consistent, impactful brand message strategy for all MDC audiences and channels.
- Leads a synergistic, best practices-focused team that builds integrated, strategic communications to maximize visibility, credibility, reputation, and engagement for the College, its programs, services, and initiatives .
- Acts as chief counsel to the President, College and Campus leaders on all internal and external strategic communications, branding, and marketing.
- Serves as the chief spokesperson for the College and is part of the College’s Crisis Communication team.
- Leads strategic internal communications to advance the College and President’s strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Partners with the Vice Provost of Student Affairs & Chief Enrollment Officer and the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs to ensure enrollment goals are met.
- Collaborates with Campus Presidents and Deans to assess unique market opportunities, determine strategic priorities and implement measurable campaigns.
- Develops, directs, and evaluates marketing and promotional strategies across the college and the College’s efforts in earned, owned, paid, and shared media through data-driven decision-making.
- Ensures marketing and communications efforts build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external constituencies, including media, government, alumni, education and business partners, the local community, and the general public.
- Oversees a robust multi-media marketing strategy that deepens MDC’s engagement with priority audiences, exhibiting an understanding of audience, readership, and viewership; content consumption; social media influence, social listening engagement; and accompanying analytics.
- Monitors market trends, news, and media; reviews and oversees issues management, for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan that will enhance the College’s brand position within its market and beyond.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships to attract new and continued enrollment, foster student success, build community and financial support, and maximize returns on institutional (ROI) investments.
- Monitors ROI and other metrics and analytics and reports results to key stakeholders.
- Provides direction for special events that promote the College.
- Guides college stakeholders in building strategic and comprehensive marketing and communications plans for their areas to effectively represent the College, which also support the larger College-wide marketing and communications plans.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or closely related field with a minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated experience; or bachelor’s degree and twelve (12) years’ experience of progressively responsible marketing experience.
- Demonstrated visionary leadership, exceptional judgment, and strong management skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, proactive mindset, and inspired marketing and communications leadership in a complex organization.
- Ability to successfully advocate for the student experience and develop strategic initiatives that drive student engagement and success.
- Demonstrated success in executive-level marketing and communications in large, complex organizations with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of brand and enrollment marketing and communications in higher education environment.
- Possesses astute political acumen to engage different constituencies and build productive alliances that support the mission of the College.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with significant track record of executive-level communications experience and ability to connect with a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and standards for the management and disclosure of public information.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and build strong professional relationships, including nurturing the talents of others through mentoring and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and personnel relationships, prioritize competing demands, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and current and emerging technologies, trends, and approaches used to communicate a brand message that resonates with targeted audiences.
- Demonstrated ability in a variety of software and web-based platforms, including CRM platforms.
- Knowledge of web content accessibility guidelines, Google Analytics and SEO.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills, with the ability to envision, develop, and implement communication and marketing programs following market research and best practices.
- Knowledge of public information and community relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Strong media relations skills.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.