Summer Teaching Assistant Internship
Berkshire Art Center (formerly IS183 Art School) is now seeking ambitious students ages 15+ as Teaching Assistant Interns for our Summer 2023 Camp Season. Please read below for more information about this role before filling out an application form. Apply early by April 1st, 2023!
Our 2023 season will run for 9 weeks from June 20th through August 18th, 2023. Camps run Monday through Friday, and the Teaching Assistant position is from approx. 8:30am–4:30pm daily. Teaching Assistants are encouraged to commit to all nine weeks of summer; however, applicants available for only a partial summer commitment may be considered, ideally no less than 4 weeks.
Preference is based upon availability and experience, and is given to high school students, college students and those considering an art education career. Ideal applicants have experience working with children in a camp setting, experience in the visual arts, and an interest in art education. Teaching Assistants will be expected to supervise students in specific age groups ranging from 6–14 years and interact with parents, staff, faculty, and fellow interns, so strong interpersonal skills are a must. Candidates should have attended camp before and/or have demonstrated significant prior experience in similar programs, or have interest in education and art. Ability to drive is preferred (transportation required).
Teaching Assistants may be eligible to receive academic credit. In addition, BAC will provide references for your future employment/academic pursuits upon request, dependent on performance.
Teaching Assistants will:
- - assist students and teachers in BAC’s summer camp classrooms;
- - lead selected group activities;
- - help set up, present, and distribute family surveys at weekly student art shows;
- - assist with various coordination duties under the supervision of the Camp Coordinator and Program Director;
- - gain non-profit organizational experience; and
- - receive on-the-job training in classroom management, visual arts techniques and skills.
Teaching Assistants receive:
- - a weekly stipend of $475; and
- - one FREE class tuition to any of BAC’s upcoming courses online or in-person (valid through the end of the 2023 calendar year with a two-week internship commitment minimum, materials fees not included.)
How to apply:
Fill out an application form by April 1st, 2023. Please select applying for Summer Camp Teaching Assistant and have your resume ready to attach. For questions, email email@example.com. No phone calls please.