SCFGLive! Program Intern
Science Club for Girls: SCFGLive! Program Internship
Science Club for Girls (SCFG), a Cambridge-based non-profit established in 1994, seeks
dynamic, resourceful and collaborative individuals with experience in digital media, video
production, and education. SCFG builds self-confidence, excitement and literacy in science,
technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) for girls and gender expansive youth in
grades K-12, particularly from communities underrepresented in STEM. We do this by providing
free, experiential and leadership programs in STEM in Greater Boston and Cambridge. This is
made possible through the support of our many mentor-scientists and volunteers. Our staff is
passionate, committed and entrepreneurial.
The SCFGLive! Program Intern will assist in the production of our online television program,
SCFGLive!. This program is geared towards audiences in grades K-5 and is broadcasted on
Facebook, YouTube, Comcast Xfinity On-Demand and other local cable TV network stations. To
date, our team has produced over 70 episodes which have collectively had over 300,000 views!
SCFGLive!’s sixth season is set to premiere in the spring with ten 20-minute-long episodes
airing biweekly. The SCFGLive! Program Intern will work collaboratively with a team of staff and
volunteers in script writing, video recording, video editing, media uploading, and other efforts to
increase engagement and viewership. Duties will take place remotely.
○ Develop scripts that are age-appropriate and engaging for K-5 audience
members. Episode segments typically include the following arc: introduction,
explanation of topics, at-home experimentation(s), final summary explanation
○ Edit and compile video footage to contribute to complete 20-minute
○ Create graphics for supplemental visuals, using Canva or a similar software
○ Assist in uploading videos onto Youtube, Facebook, Comcast, Cambridge
Community Television, and other broadcast partners
○ Attend and contribute to weekly check-in meetings with SCFGLive! staff, interns,
○ Maintain viewership data across social media and broadcasting platforms
○ Opportunity to be on camera during and/or record episodes
○ Other duties as assigned
● Passion for increasing access to STEM education for underrepresented communities
● An understanding of video content creation, including use of relevant software (e.g.
Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Pro)
● Energetic and positive person who is willing to think outside the box
● Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
● Excellent judgment, time management and organizational skills
● Ability to create and meet deadlines
● Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively as needed
● Ability to give and receive direct and constructive feedback
● Dedication to gender equity and racial and socioeconomic justice
HOW TO APPLY
An applicant should send a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience and resume in
pdf format to Martine François at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: SCFGLive!
This is an AA/EOE position. Persons of color and women are strongly encouraged
This position runs from March 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023 and requires 10 hours per
week, specific schedule to be determined with supervisor.
This position requires 10 hours/week and pays $20/hour.